March 22, 2009

Easter, on a Slim to Nothing Budget.

This Year for Easter I decided to decorate. I have never decorated for Easter before so I had nothing to decorate with. I decided I would go to the thrift store and see what they had. My first attempt was . . .well. . .not so good. By the time I got to the check out Kade had lost the stuff I found, so we left. The next attempt was much better I spent $10.00 and was excited toget home to Create. I then went to the Dollar store and picked up the finishing touches. This is how it turned out: I already had the free window, flea market type writer and hat box. I made the Easter sign out of scraps of unused paper from my sisters collection. It says, "Easter, So we can return home." I couldn't find anything better that wasn't cutesy. I wanted to remember the Savior. (If you know a better one I'm all ears, post a comment.)
I found to bunnies for .25 cents a piece. The flower pot was . 50 cents and the moss was a dollar at the Dollar Tree. The nest is a coconut husk.
The eggs are just painted chalk from the Dollar store, I speckled them a little bit. The trays they are on you can't see very well but, I got 6 for 1.50 in the box in the top picture. I loved the Sleeping Bunny, he makes me feel happy. I only paid $1.50 for him too!

The nests are just swags from Craft Ware House, I use them for Christmas. The birds are Dollar store finds. This sits above my entry door. It was so simple, but I liked it.

I know it doesn't all add up, but when it was all said and done I had bought too much stuff! I'll have to save it for next year. Or return it to the Thrift shop as a gift.

My home feels Eastery, I got to Create, What more is there? . . . . . . . . Oh yeah, the rest of the neglected house! Back to reality.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you move closer so you can help me with my decorating?

Anonymous said...

Cute Kel. I can't wait till you come to Virginia and help me decorate my house that cute! :-)

Kasey said...

hey Fancy Nancy!! Looks great. Great finds!!

Amber said...

that is so not "cute" but awesome!! you are hired.. when do you want to start??? hope to see you thursday!

Campbell Family said...

Wow...it turned out great! It is so fun to see the finished product. You have quite the knack for creating!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You did an awesome job. You always make the simplist things look amazing!

JoAnn said...

Braggart!!!!!!!!