The Deep Shadow is Our Cave! The rocks were made out of Geodes. If we had been smart we would have brought hammer to let the kids open some.
For our next stop we decide to go to the Montezuma Castle, it is amazing how the Anasazi built these dwellings. The children must have obeyed their parents and stayed inside the home. The consequence for disobedience must have been severe and instant! I wonder if it is for sale. . . . . I'm lying again, we didn't go there either but, on our trip we saw a real Indian Princess at the Library.
We saw a random arch at the side of the road and decided to explore. Halle and I both learned while crossing the stream hold tight to your sandals!
If you look close you can see Mike and I in the same picture, Kade found this cave and took the picture. I think exploring was his thing. (We didn't have any Curtis type accidents while he was exploring.)
Proud Man of that cave.
Disneyland was so crowded and over priced we just got online and looked at pictures, I think the kids enjoyed that!
Leslie Gulch
This place is beautiful, and out in the middle of nowhere. The red, purple, and green rocks were spectacular. It was named after a miner from Silver City he was struck by lightning and died. I'm not even making that up!
unless you understand we ended up in Nevada where this is just an every day occurrence.




12 comments:
Looks like you guys had quite the adventure! Kade is a little photographer too! Sometime we will have to really take you down to the grand canyon. It is worth the trip! We'll just have to do some advance planning...
What a pretty sight. Looks like so much fun!!!
Looks like fun! And your kids told me at the play area you did nothing! Haha
Looks like so much fun!! I have never been to a cave before... but felt like I was right there with you seeing your pictures!
Way cool! Those kind of vacations were just as fun to me when I was little as the big ones. Looks like a way cool place.
I feel your ability to create a vacation out of nothing stems from all your visits to giant land when you were a child. So thank you Dad!
Eventhough it wasn't the Grand Canyon or Disneyland, it looks like you had fun. Beautiful scenic pictures!
You look like you guys had a great time! We need to get out and do more of that. Just the simple things are the things you remember most.
Looks funner than Disneyland to me! We're thinking about coming to beautiful Boise for part of our spring break. I'm going to woodbadge the second half. Fun for me.
I find it fascinating that you
considered your "spring vacation" to be the stop over on your way to McDermet and not the week you spent there with us? Hmmmmm.... very interesting!
Fun Spring Break. Your family photos are adorable. Those tiny kids hiking all over, they must have been tired and dirty when it was over. "Tired and Dirty", always a sign of a good day when you're tiny.
Hey, I liked your Easter Decor. Love the thrift and dollar store.
Have a great day.
Sandra
Kelly, Great pictures. When our kids were little we went camping to Capital Reef for Spring break every year. We have great memories of hiking, seeing deer, yellow bellied marmut, Easter egg treasure hunts etc. Your kids will never miss Disneyland vacations as long as you have the family together playing. Great job!
Post a Comment