Do you ever wonder what makes something funny to you and not to someone else. Mike's dad says he laughs at the wrong parts in movies. He's right, but if it wasn't so funny we. . . I mean Mike wouldn't be laughing. We watched a movie the other day that was pretty intense and a bit violent. Mike laughed the whole way though. The theater was quiet, except Mikes continuous laughter. To tell on myself, so did I.
So where do you get you sense of humor from? Is it learned, or just one of those things you were born with. Napoleon Dynamite, is it funny, stupid, boring, or depends on who you watch it with?
I laugh when someone falls or gets hurt. Why? Because it is so funny? No, I just do. My Mom did it to me and I do it to my kids. Maybe it is because I pass out at the site of blood and that is the only way to control my nerves. Whatever the reason it is quite embarrassing to laugh when you don't know someone and they get hurt. Or when your sister falls at Seminary Graduation on stage and you can't quit laughing! Ya, that is kind of tacky. (Good thing I don't work in the medical field and my sister did forgive me after she quit laughing.)
My other sister sent me a poster and I thought it was so funny I laughed for several days. If I think about it still, I laugh. It was about Domestic Violence. . . because sometimes you have to tell her twice. I don't know why I thought it was so funny. I've never been in a domestic violence dispute, I am sure they are not so funny.
I know I'm terrible, WHY are terrible things so funny?


6 comments:
This must be a family problem. I was talking with my father-in-law about how we could do away with their aging cat and I was laughing about it. I know most people would probaby be feeling bad about doing away with the family pet. Then again I am the sister that said, "well, I hope that works out for you." :-) I loved the picture with this post. I was giggling morbidly through reading the whole thing. :-)
You are not the only one who does this... my husband is guilty of it too! Although, I have been known to do the same! Then again, when something strikes you as funny, you can't stop laughing and then it just snowballs from there!
why does trying to stop make it only funnier? Combine that with the constant state of fatigue known as motherhood--who wouldn't be laughing? I love S. Hinckley's quote about either you can laugh or cry your way through life, and she chooses to laugh!
Q is the same way. I kind of wish I was more laughable at things like you all. I'm too afraid of hurting someone else's feelings!! Too sensative I guess.
Quentin saw an older woman bite it on the sidewalk at a Doctor's office and he said it took every ounce of will power to not laugh as he went to help her up!!
I really don't feel like I have any sense of humor. I still am amazed you have 5 children and you are able to blog so much. When do you have time? Life is so busy with four.
You're tired. Okay, maybe not, and you might have to come to grips with the fact that you really are a Thomas and that "weird" sense of humor may have just rubbed off on you!
Post a Comment