July 12, 2009

The Fishermen

Let me tell you a pathetic story about my husband. He enjoys fishing, but I have yet to see him actually catch a fish. My brother-in-law Josh is a great fisherman and has taken Mike several times when all you have to do is drop your line in and they will bite. He of course comes home with nothing. I've never actually heard a fishing story from Mike that didn't include. . . well, nothing. He took the kids fishing and in 5 minutes Kade and Halle had both caught a fish without the help of their Dad. (I shouldn't mention that Mike had been trying all day with NO Luck!) Kade pulled his fish out and set it on the ground while at the same time Halle was saying, "Dad I think I have a fish it is really pulling." Since he doesn't know what it feels like he assumed she was caught on a branch. Nope, it was a fish and a big one!

My Fishermen kids!
The next night he took the other kids out and they all caught fish. The best part was Mike was so excited, just as excited as the kids were. I knew he must have a fishing story to tell that included something other than . . . well, nothing. I had already learned Makayla fell in the river and Uncle Nate caught her, so that wasn't it.
I
knew
it
couldn't
be
that
he
caught
a
fish,
or
could
it
possibly
be?

Ya, that picture says it all!

6 comments:

Kasey said...

we went fishing this weekend too!! The kids have their own poles now. I love to fish as well.

Lindsey said...

Glad Mike finally caught a fish. The kids look so cute with their fish.

acuna said...

I think Mike looks more excited in his picture than the kids do in there pictures.... Congratulations Mike you did it!

Anonymous said...

What did you ever do with those suckers? Feed them to the skunks? So fun.

Campbell Family said...

way to go mike! and all the rockin Thomas fishermen! looks like you guys had fun.

Nancy said...

Mike, stop taking the kid's fish! Like we would believe you caught one.