July 14, 2009

The Reunion

Ya, that is where we stayed. Isn't it beautiful?

For Mike's family reunion we went to Star Valley, Wy. It is a beautiful place, and this year it was extra green because of all the rain.

Mike oldest brother and his wife planned it. They did an awesome job, and I didn't want to leave. I know I'm being sappy, but I want to thank them for letting us come and doing all the work to make it what it was!
We played night games,
ate well,
chopped wood,
had nice cabins to stay in,
great company,
wild life - including some skunks,
games,
beautiful scenery,
a natural rock slide to contemplate,
sun,
ice cream,
water,
cousins,
a paddle boat,
family pictures,
face painting,
chopped some more wood,
a dollar store - that Kade barfed in,
no memory card for my camera - a radio shack that had memory cards,
four wheelers,
mules,
rockets,
adventures,
fun,
naps,
few mosquito's - coming from Emmett that was so NICE,
chopped even some more wood,
fires,
hay stacks -
those last two weren't combined,
flowers,
trees,
smells - some fresh and good,
some bad lingering ones,
treasure hunts,
ladies lunch,
Mike chopped the most and biggest wood,
haunted tents,
silly stories,
and lots of memories.
We even enjoyed the car ride! (At least in this picture.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Kevin says he chopped the most and biggest wood...come to think of it, Grandpa Thomas said the same thing. Hmmm. Those Thomas boys. It was a good time huh?

Kasey said...

How fun! What a great place!

Amber said...

Aw I am so glad you guys got to go! Sounds like too fun...and lots of wood chopped. Glad you guys are back.

Holly said...

What a beautiful place! Star Valley is where my grandma was from, though I haven't ever been. Looks like a nice place to visit!

Campbell Family said...

Looks like a perfect family reunion place! Fun memories....and glad the car ride wasn't too bad. Your kids need to teach Alainey how to be a good traveler!

Amberly said...

so, it sounds like a great trip, but did mike chop any wood??