October 14, 2009

Halloween

Late at night in our house you might see a creepy haunted house full of bats and spiders. Don't let it fool you. . .During the day it is just glittery particle board surronded by some home grown Pumpkins and fake black birds. I bet you can even see a real fly!
I love Halloween, my Mom always made it so much fun when we were growing up. She always dressed up and made sure we had some fun costumes. Every year she was something new and would surprise us at school. We would come home to a "spooky" house all decorated on the inside with fun Halloween things. Usually for Family home Evening we would make Kleen-x ghosts with suckers and hang them around the house. I can see how some people hate it, but it is one of my favorite holidays!
IT'S HALLOWEEN
It's Halloween! It's Halloween!
The moon is full and bright

And we shall see what can't be seen

On any other night.

Skeletons and ghosts and ghouls,

Grinning goblins fighting duels,

Werewolves rising from their tombs,

Witches on their magic brooms.

In masks and gowns

We haunt the street

And knock on doors

for trick or treat.

Tonight we are

the king and queen,

For oh tonight

it's Halloween!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I agree! For some reason I have always loved Halloween! I have to admit that the last picture is kinda creeepy!! But cute nonetheless!

Some people are just way too talented Kelly! Want to bring some my way??

Kasey said...

cute decor Kelly~~

Holly said...

I've been debating weather or not to put up our Halloween decorations and I just decided not to...yours are way cuter than mine!

Anonymous said...

I need you to come decorate EVERY room in my house now. You do such cute and fun things! You're amazing woman!

Anonymous said...

I remember when mom came to school as MR. Money bags with that scary mask. She thought no one would know her. She got so mad when I ran right up to her gave her a hug and said MOM!!! :)
Love Lindsey Dawny

Anonymous said...

I AM SCARY olivia

Angie said...

You will never cease to amaze me. I'm finally looking at your awesome blog after...what...6 months? Don't take it personally. I think that's the last time I looked at mine!