I know there are two sides to the story and I'm sorry there was an oil spill and one species of whales has declined. I am sorry birds are homeless and sought after for pets. If it was true that we were cutting down the rain forest and not replenishing it or dumping oil just to get rid of the whales I might understand why she needs to know the perils of man in Kindergarten. I really just want her to know reading, writing, and arithmetic and above all morals and values. Is that too much to ask?
I was going to write the teacher a note, but I'm afraid of what will happen to the monkeys in Zimbabwe by using a rain forest piece of paper. Not to mention the pencil with lead and how that will cause the earth to warm and the penguins to fry and we all know whales don't eat fried food. So, here I sit complaining on my little blog and worrying about the cows emitting their gas causing another hole in the ozone and thinking I should pay a tax to make everything better.




6 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more! I currently have 6th, 3rd, & 1st graders, and we often have to have conversations that temper what they are told or read in school. Loved the examples you used. (My mom pointed me to your blog--what a cute family you have!)
I agree! Our kids should just be able to be kids. I remember my biggest concern in kindergarten was if I was going to get to sit at the cookie monster table or not.
I hope you liked the kids' pictures, you paid me too much though!
My husband was just voicing these exact concerns over our oldest daughter's education, but thought it was because she goes to a charter school that is pretty liberal and "hippy." I'm glad (in a sad sort of way) that it's NOT just her school, but that it is a trend in today's education.
p.s. thanks for visiting my humble blog - yours ain't so bad itself!
Can you hear a big AMEN! couldn't have stated it any clearer myself!
So glad you and Andrea are friends...nothing makes me happier than having two people I love meet each other!
I am going to be the disagreeable one here and admit that I am a little bit of a tree hugger...not like huge out of control, but ya know, I do try to save a tree or two a year. Am I banned from your blog? you can blame it on Ryan, he's from WAshington--that explains everything! But I Would like to say, do you realize how much money we spend on gasoline that is bought from people who hate us and would like to see us completely annihilated? I would be willing to bike and ride the bus system a lot more if people like Hugo Chavez got a little less cash...I kind of like to tick people like him off, and what better way than to deplete his bank account!
I think I'll go have a good long talk with my cows about all the problems they produce!
Post a Comment