December 23, 2009

Christmas Letter

To the Thomas Kids.

From Santa.

As you know I have been keeping close records on your behavior this past year. There are those kids who are naughty and those who are nice, but one thing's for sure, I'll be checking my list twice. It looks like all the Thomas kids have made the "nice" list. Hopefully I can bring everything you wanted. The email note you sent me didn't show up on my computer very well, so when you see me or one of my helpers please let me know again.
I would also like to tell you a little story so you can be thinking about the reason for the Christmas season. Some girls and boys don't have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their home. To them Christmas is just a holiday where they get presents. Some of them don't even believe in Santa Claus. However, in your home I know that Christmas is a lot more. In your home it is a time to remember Jesus Christ and celebrate his birth. It is fun to receive gifts from Santa Claus and play. It is so much fun to open presents. I remember one Christmas long ago. Back before I first started to deliver presents to children. I was stranded in the desert when three wise men and Kings of their land came along. I knew about the new star in the heavens, but these men knew something special about the new star. They told me it was a guide to the Savior of the World and that they were following it to find him. My people had long looked forward to the Savior being born, but no one knew it had happened. The three Kings asked if I would like to go along with them. I was happy about the possibility of going. We traveled for about another year and found the new Savior as a little boy living with his Mother Mary and Joseph. It was like the little boy knew me personally. I cried to realize that he was my Savior. Someone who could save me of all the little things I had done wrong if I would but repent. The three Kings being very wise presented the boy's Mother Mary with special gifts. It would go a long way in helping the family raise this child. I realized at that time that giving was something I wanted to do the rest of my life. In fact, I realized that not only could I give gifts, but I could also serve others as a gift. Since then I have always tried to give good gifts to celebrate His birth. Sometimes the gifts are special toys or money. Sometimes the gift might be the food somebody needs to live. Sometimes the gift may be the service that somebody needs.

I have also received many gifts over the years. My gift of imagination has helped me realize that I am real, even when others think that I am not. I will always be in the heart of all givers. So this Christmas my little story was meant to serve you and help you realizing how special each of you are to our brother Jesus Christ - the greatest giver of gifts who has ever lived. May your gifts be special. As special as the ones you receive.

Merry Christmas.
Santa Claus
PS I will see you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the letter Olivia

Anonymous said...

Santa is a wise and Jolly Old soul! I will love him forever! That brought me to tears.