February 18, 2010

Old Chicago

 
Lake Michigan, Chicago, Grandma Bonnie and Grandpa Craig.

I found these pictures the other day and they made me smile.  Olivia was so cute and Halle was so squishy!  These pictures were taken when we lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan. (Summer of 2006)  I'll admit, the first time I ever went to Chicago it was a culture shock!  This little Idaho girl had lived a  very sheltered life ~ and still does.  One of my favorite pictures is Olivia all covered in mud.  If there is a drop of water, she'll slip in it.  If there is a speck of dirt, she'll find it.  If there is any mess to make, she'll make it.  She is nine now and not much has changed except that she has a Makayla to compete with.  That being said, I guess I'll have to quietly say it comes from the other sides of the family!!!

We are blessed to have three sets of grandparents for my kids.  I posted a picture of Grandpa Craig on another post and got a few questions about how young my dad is.  These are not my parents or Mikes, don't tell my kids they'll be devastated!  Don't tell Grandma and Grandpa Little either.  This is a hush hush secret ~ they are just our "other" mother and father.  I know, I know. . . we are all just so lucky to this set of grand--parents!!!

5 comments:

Hodges Family said...

well I believe haylee is the chunkiest little thing I have ever seen in these pictures I don't know how your kids get those adorable cheeks but I love them!

Kasey said...

wow, the girls have grown up so much now! Great pics!!

Leslie said...

Lucky! I had a third set of grandparents growing up too! They "adopted" our family and spoiled us to no end. Your kids are lucky to have three sets of grandparents! It's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love the squishy. Why isn't mine that cute?

Amber said...

What fun pictures!! And anyone is blessed to have you as part of their family and friends:) Thanks for a fun evening yesterday.. that chocolate sauce was so yummy!!