April 26, 2010

4 Easy Steps

Just another project to do instead of the same old same old: 
Step 1~ Find an plain chest of drawers. 
(That was easy, it is Makayla's and it is in my living room.)
Step 2 ~ Paint it, Sand it, Stain it. I like Dark Walnut. (Not quite as easy, considering it takes time and little fingers cannot resist the feel of wet paint or stain.)
 Step Three ~ Mod Podge the face of the drawers and add new hardware.


Step Four ~ Decorate it. (Again and Again)

Wasn't that so much more fun than the same old boring monotonous hum-drum of everyday life?
I think so!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Super cute! What kind of paper did you modge podge on it? Wall? Scrapbook? I must know. :)

Kasey said...

It looks awesome Kelly.Way to go!

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! I love watching you create things. Such a great talent! It's beautiful!

The Kelly Variety said...

Leslie, I used wrapping paper.

Tamra said...

Cute! I also saw your headboard, and that was funny cuz we are thinking of using our front doors (when we get new ones) for our headboard too. We'll have to see if it works out. When are you visiting next???

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. Please come to my house. I have two dressers and a night stand that need some tender loving care (or tender loving Kelly). Mike can help with the deck we'll need for our addition too. See, we really need you guys!!! ;)

Hodges Family said...

ok I just love it when I get back in town it is the first annual craft day!

maddie said...

I like it! Did you get your talent from your MOM?

Amber said...

Your talents never cease to amaze me!! Can you rub some of it off on to me?:)

Anonymous said...

Um, so yea, you never responded to my pleading.