May 14, 2010

Good Mom or Good Kid?

I was lucky enough to have Caitlin, my niece, stay with me for a day.  This girl is loaded with useful information that I'm betting her Mom doesn't know she knows.

Me:  Olivia you need to clean your room.
Olivia:  Whine, Whine, Whine (with a Capital W)
Caitlin:  My Mom says if you hadn't spent all your time whining it would be clean by now.

Me:  Please hurry Liv.
Olivia: Whine
Caitlin:  My Mom says if you put it away in the first place your room wouldn't be so messy.

Me:  Your almost done, just a couple more things.
Olivia:  Whine. . .Isn't a couple just two?. . .Whine.
Caitlin:  My Mom says a couple means until your done.

My conclusion is:  I say all the same things Stephanie seems to say.  So, my children should turn out as good as hers right?
  
I might need some more information such as: How do you get a kid that asks if she can do the dishes and wash the table and help out in any way? How do you get a kid that remembers all your useful information?  How do you get a kid that Loves you so much it hurts to be away from you for more than one night?  How do you get such a stinkin' good kid?  If my kids are half as good as her when they go places I'll be pleased! and shocked.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, why wasn't that post titled "Ode to Steph?" Love it. So good to hear your kids are good when they're away...wish it was always that way at home! Love you Kelly, and love that my kids love you!

Anonymous said...

But really, if you are looking for a true title, it would have to be "Good Kid."

Anonymous said...

I love it! Steph is amazing Mom, but you are too Kelly! I am sure Olivia acts jsut as good when she is away from you. You can send her down her to try it out if you want. ;)

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

All of those a such good questions. How do you get your kid to be good? It is fun to see everyone struggles and then there are those times that your kids make you look so darn good.
Love it

Angie said...

Can I borrow that girl for a while. We have a little more of the whining variety here than I would like.