I had a wonderful Mothers day.
The Best Mother's Day present was left by a neighbor on my doorstep.
It was a simple picture and a story:
She said she sat on his front porch and my children were absolutely unaware of her presence. She listened to their conversation, and loved it! It went as follows:
Big Sister comes out and calls them in for dinner.
They were in the middle of the lot. Typically they play barefooted, and from the conversation they must have been barefooted now.
Little girl (Makayla) answers big sister, "I can't it hurts, come get me."
Big sister seems to ignore the little girl.
Brother says loudly, "Follow my path."
Little girl says, "I can't get there."
Brother says, "I'll come get you." He was quite a way ahead of her, moving toward the house. He turned and returned to his sister and then said, "Now step in my footsteps." and he led her out of the weeds.
I love the picture and story. I see myself as the little girl, Makayla, praying to the Lord for help. The Lord doesn't always help me the way I think I need to be helped. I would want to be lifted out, but the Lord sends someone to help me. He sends me a Mother, a friend, a sister, and in this case he sent a brother to help.
"Now step in my footsteps." This is experience talking. Kade knew the way, he's been hurt enough times he knows the pitfalls (goatheads-pokies) to avoid and the "safe" ground to take. Makayla had a choice to make, to follow her brother or to venture out on her own where the dangers are many.
I can think of so many other Analogies to this simple story but the one I thought about this Mothers day was Christ. There are times in our lives when we are in the weeds surrounded by the dangers of this world. We feel that we can't do what we've been asked, it is too hard. The path may not be clear to us but, we can always turn to our Savior. He knows, he's understands, he made the way possible to return Home. "Come follow me, the Savior said. . ."
"Now step in my footsteps." This is experience talking. Kade knew the way, he's been hurt enough times he knows the pitfalls (goatheads-pokies) to avoid and the "safe" ground to take. Makayla had a choice to make, to follow her brother or to venture out on her own where the dangers are many.
I can think of so many other Analogies to this simple story but the one I thought about this Mothers day was Christ. There are times in our lives when we are in the weeds surrounded by the dangers of this world. We feel that we can't do what we've been asked, it is too hard. The path may not be clear to us but, we can always turn to our Savior. He knows, he's understands, he made the way possible to return Home. "Come follow me, the Savior said. . ."
Happy Mothers Day

9 comments:
They do have shoes. In case you were wondering.
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
I love it and what a great neighbor to share that with you!
I am speechless... thank you for sharing this with us. You should give a talk in Sacrament on this...thank you for being such a sweet friend!
Thanks for sharing this message! Great pic and story.
Love it.
That little girl does look alot like you at that age! This picture took me back a year or two. This is the reason we have children!
Happy Mother's Day! What a sweet brother to help his sister that way. So darling! I'm impressed!
YOur kids are so stinkin' sweet adn cute. Can't wait to get Indi and Halle together this summer...we will have to time it better than last summer and give them some time to bond ; )
Post a Comment