November 9, 2010

Girly-girl

I do not have a girly-girl here. No, sir. I have a girl that loves frogs and snakes and worms and crawdads and anything really.  
 
 She came in the house and said, "Look Mom!"  Her hand was in a little fist and to my surprise inside was a toad.  Of course when I jumped and let out a (smallish) scream, it jumped out of her hand and began hopping around my house.  She could see that I wasn't real excited about that, so she quickly caught it and I made her go outside. 
 That is when she put it in this sour cream container, which everyone knows is way too high for a toad to jump out of.  Right?  Wrong.  After bringing it in my house again, it somehow jumped the container and hopped out of sight.  Her mom might have been a little bit hysterical.  I'm only saying that because Blake, who was completely happy, began crying listening to his mother shouting , "Catch it, Catch it! HURRY Makayla!  There it is!  Try again!"  I did not grow up a girly-girl, but this day something changed and I could not catch it. I even had. . .Fear. . . of a stupid TOAD.  My four year old little Girl finally caught it and took it outside for her Momma.

She does draw the line at kissing such things.  Imagine if they turned into the images below. . .
                                                                        
Ya, definitely better not to attempt such sliminess.  

4 comments:

Amber said...

Too funny!! I needed a good laugh today... thanks Kelly!!

Krista Hegstrom said...

Hilarious, but I would be the same way!

Holly said...

I get the same way when there is a spider...I have kamden come squish it for me!

Anonymous said...

And seriously, what would you do if you had a girlie girl? I wouldn't know what to do with one either. ;)