January 14, 2011

We eat it anyway!

No this is not her tongue, it is Laffy Taffy
and at this point in her life
it still tastes
good.

 
Halle can be a picky eater.  She informed me of why this is:  "When you get old most of your taste buds die.  I'm still young and I still have all of mine and unlike you I can taste this!"


It is hard to argue with her because I know squash in all it's seasons and flavors tastes so good now.  Maybe it's the all the butter or brown sugar I put on it. Ya, maybe my Mom just didn't know how to make it and it's all her fault I didn't like it. . .or . . . maybe my taste buds are dying ?!?

Either way she still has to eat dinner just like I did with my fresh, young, sensitive taste buds.  Look how I turned out ~ Right?

6 comments:

Kasey said...

She's a smart one!

Amber said...

All I can say is wow! I love her way of thinking about things. How have you been? Long time no see nor hear... hope you are well and know that I think about ya and hope to get together soon. Enjoy those taste buds as long as you can..:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that kids makes me laugh. We miss you guys. Why don't you come over today, we could go sledding and do dinner. ;)

maddie said...

I thought you liked squash when you were young? If not well isn't it nice you have your own child to make suffer! Enjoy the ride!

Alysha said...

Haha, that is excellent logic. :) I want to share it with other picky eaters that I know... that apparently still have young tastebuds.

Gina Hallam said...

That's so funny!!!! I can hear her saying that too lol Your kids are the cutest :)