March 16, 2011

Wrestling




 This is a mean wrestlers face. . .in case you were wondering what one looked like.  (I wasn't aware that they looked quite like that, but Kade says otherwise.)

     Here is what we've been doing lately.  Tomorrow is his last meet at the high school. . . .  Whew, and wahoo!  I've had fun watching him gradually get better.
     I was surprised at how many boys cry while wrestling at this age. As a mother I would want to make the mean bully get off my baby, but luckily Kade hasn't cried and I haven't had to beat up a six year old. Yet. My bully has made a few others cry, however.  I think he likes that a little bit, I'm only saying this because he told me 300 hundred times yesterday that he made those two boys cry.  He could just feel bad, but his smile betrays him.
     As a wrestler he has some natural skill, but not a lot of know how.  It's hard to practice on his siblings because:  Halle is too mean/violent.  Her retaliation is completely against the rules and I don't want him picking up bad habits or language.  She's a NO.  Makayla is too weak.  Dallin is too young.  Olivia is too Big.  Blake is too little.  Dad is too Old.  Mom is too weak like Makayla, therefor becoming violent, I don't understand where Halle gets it?  The know how will have to come on his own I guess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sounds like Kade needs a Tanner cousin around...right size, violent (but only when invoked), not too old or young. Yea, Kade for sure needs a Tanner around.

Campbell Family said...

Kade you are awesome!! Haylee and Brecken say hi!