January 26, 2012

Glasses for Olivia

As you can see: Middle school is going well for Olivia. . .
she might not have thought she was a bit of a freak for home-coming,
 but, we got her glasses: Now she knows!
 They are a little big and purple, but she is still cute!  The first day she got them she sat outside and was amazed at every little leaf she could see on the trees.
Here she is at sports night.  The middle school has a (in my opinion a weird) night where each sport chooses a girl to represent them on the court.  One of them is the sports queen.  Olivia was the girl for cross country and the only six grader.  The boy she is with is an eighth grader that her teacher picked for her.  I'm not sure they said two words to one another. . .and that is how it should be! The scary thing for me is: that is my dress!!!  I used to wear that- not too long ago. . . so if she could slow things down a bit I'd be grateful.

She gets good grades, she's helpful, she really wants to turn 12, and she tries my patience.  Currently, she is selling bread to earn money for an iPod.  Only 10 more loaves to go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that kid, even if she is looking a bit old for her own good. :)

Amber said...

She looks so beautiful in those glasses! The dress is beautiful too, isn't it wonderful and scary to think that she can wear your dress now, but it is special that she can too! We miss you guys!

maddie said...

I sure love that girl! But I definitly think you should bring her back out west so I can help keep my eye on her!

Angie said...

Holy Cow. Good thing there was an explanation with those pictures. I was starting to think prom started a little young in TN! Man, she's grown up a lot in such a short time. Cute glasses!!

Walker Family said...

So fun! Good for her...tell her if we were closer I would totally buy some bread from her. I am not sure how shipping would affect it though;)

Toni Dee! said...

All I can say is - don't ever take a picture of her with a boy again, makes her look too too too old. What a sweetie. Love seeing your adventures.