Season's constantly change bringing with them something exciting. For me, that something exciting is simply change. There are some things in my life I would like to change. Like the time in 6th grade when a new girl moved in and it was my job to show her around. I thought she said her name was Sondra, so that is what I called her. It stuck, everybody else called her that the rest of of her school years. Her real name is Sandra. I'd change that if I could. Not her name, my mistake.
These are not the types of changes I'm talking about though. Not the take back change, or the change of clothes, but the something new change.
Like:
Painting a room a random color and making it work.
Changing my living room around with new colors and ideas.
Adding a tree and bench to my yard.
Tearing down a wall.
Adding on a room.
Letting the kids have my master bedroom, for the sake of change.
Elder Uchtdorf said, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."
I need a creative outlet.
Right now I am in need of a change.

7 comments:
I will be posting my changes soon on the blog. I'm switching picture frames around, spray painting, hanging things, and painting bathrooms.......... oh I'm kind of overwhelmed but excited. You gave up your bedroom? I don't think I could do that.
I agree! Let's change together! just kidding... my poor husband used to come home and hated to hear the ever so daunting question"do you notice anything different?"! now i just change things on my blog since i am unable to change much in my home!
I know what you mean. It is always nice to have change.
Kelly, for real, come to my house. I need change, but like you said you could paint a new funky color and make it work...I don't have that ability!!! Take pics though, and share!
I used to get really ansie and I would change boyfriends all the time. I don't have the desire to change that but I still love change, so I change my hair color. My house is too small to rearrange, everything has a certain place. Try a new do, it's pretty fun!
I hear ya. I think spring time always makes me think about change. All of your creative ideas that I have seen have been amazing...I'm excited to see what you come up with. Let me know if I can help!
I can't wait to see what you come up with. I would love it if you would post pictures. You are a very creative person and I would love to see what you come up with so you could give me good ideas. I think you should start your own little business in designing kids rooms.
Post a Comment