We are doing a script about the ten virgins. I am a "Not so Good one". I represent the Vain girl seeking after the riches of this world. I think she thinks things will truly make her happy. If she has these things everyone will like her, or if not, at least be jealous of her. She is selfish with her time and talents. She doesn't enjoy gossiping, but sometimes the truth must be spoken. She goes to church. . .usually. She pushes the extreme on fashion and movies. She wants to be popular and loved, but she is so consumed with herself she doesn't love back. She is never seen without make-up and wants everyone to believe she is amazing at everything. She doesn't like to show her faults, quite frankly she doesn't believe she has any. She cares about her body, she exercises to the extreme. She doesn't understand people not like her.
She believes all her justifications. The ones like, I was so busy today I think I'll read my scriptures tomorrow. I'll say my prayers after I close my eyes for a minute, I just need a quick rest. I do want to serve the Lord, but I don't know anybody to help. I'll be a good missionary, if the chance ever presents its self. I would have taken that calling but, I'm just too busy. I would take a meal to someone except they never return my dishes and they are always so needy.
She made sure her lamp had oil in it, she did not know waiting for the bridegroom would take so long. The bridegroom is coming soon. Now she is out of oil, the Goody Goodys won't share and the others, well. . . . she doesn't really associate with because they are beneath her. At this point she feels awful, she thought she was prepared and ready to meet the bridegroom. She scrambles around trying to find oil to burn. This is where I think she takes some responsibility for her actions. She is remorseful for a moment, sorry even, but old habits die hard and she becomes angry. Angry the bridegroom didn't wait. Angry those others didn't share. Angry she is not in the room with the bridegroom. She thought she would see Christ, she thought she was ready.
I'm Hoping the "Good" Virgins are thinking about their character and feeling some Hope and Encouragement. I'm relating to my character too much I think. Her justifications are truely justifiable. . . . there I go again. This assignment made me think, who am I? Do I have enough oil in my lamp? Will I get to see Christ and will he recongnize me?


8 comments:
wow Kelly, that was pretty deep! Sounds like many of us can relate with that character... at least I know I can! BTW, may I say you looked beautiful in your costume and I love the make-up! It sounds like it was a spiritual night and that all of you did an amazing job! Thanks for sharing this with us!
your friend,
Amber
Dude I am the Virgin who drinks and is pretty much loose! I am really trying hard not to be like her! j/k!
Can I just say I loved the costume. Especially the fingernails. :-)
My mom was really excited about the play...she just couldn't wait to see it all come together! I will have to give her a call and get her perspective on it!
Umm...and yeah...I am more than a little vain. I often wonder why I can squeeze a 45 min. run in, but a 45 min. scripture reading is a rarity...saved only for preparing a talk or big lesson or such.
Wish I could've seen it!
You looked so great Kelly! And also a fantastic job on your part! You better be careful...Hollywood will be knocking at your door. Really though....thanks for your thoughts on the subject. You have a way with words, thats for sure.
You make vain look pretty good! Or was that the point? Wish I could have been there:(
wow kelly I have never seen you with that much makeup on.... I think you were only acting the part because YOU WILL know the Savior when he comes and he will know you. You are awesome Kelly....keep up the good work!
Don't worry Kelly, when you're out of oil you can use some of mine. I'm sure that I have enough saved up from all the good deeds that I do for the both of us.....Pride? what's that?
Post a Comment