June 20, 2009

Fathers Day

For Fathers Day I asked the kids to share a memory of their Dad and what they wanted to tell him for Fathers Day. This is what he got:

I liked when he took us to Roaring Springs and we went on all the fun rides. You're the best Dad. He always throws me on the couch. He is a Crazy Onder. (I had to ask what that meant. It means Crazy and really really really Silly.) I like to go camping with my Dad. Happy Fathers Day to my best Dad. (I didn't tell him he's the only one he's got here on earth.) Happy Fathers Day, I love him and he's so handsome. (He has her brainwashed a bit.) Don't. (Sad, but it is his favorite word and he said it for his Dad.) (Fabulous picture, I look so happy, but it is current.) I remember when he liked me more than like. Happy Fathers Day and . . . .Ya that was it, I'm not the more than like type, you know like LOVE. I do love him, but I can't write mushy stuff on paper. It might go to his head and I imagine that can be a real problem. I could have put You're the Best or or or. . .see I draw a compete blank! For Fathers Day we got him a rose tree. He loves roses, but I don't. So I figured for this special day I'd let him have roses. (They are beautiful.)

We also got him a Baker Sheet for his cookies. (I kind-of lost the other one.)

This will make his day for sure.

3 comments:

Campbell Family said...

That is a fabulous picture of you kelly! What a neat idea...I bet Mike loved it.

Alysha said...

I love the Father's Day comments. So cute. Great gifts as well and your hair is super cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it...I'm copying it.