December 8, 2009

A Little Child Too

We pulled out the Christmas stuff last night! It is not all up yet but the tree is decorated. (Only to be redecorated the rest of the year.) Kade and Halle were playing with a Nativity and I asked if they thought it was appropriate to play with Jesus like that? Halle said, "Mom he's a baby, babies love to be played with! He was once a little child too."

Do you see the sheep grazing in the back ground?

A couple of other things I noticed while they were playing: 1. The preferred Mary and Joesph were from different sets. Is that okay? 2. The wise man was beheaded.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to agree w/ the kids. I think they all like to be played with. My nativities are always arranged so funny. Instead of nicely displayed so you can see them, they are always tightly grouped around the baby, fighting for space. Appropriate for our family don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your song to the Twelve Days of Christmas isn't the "traditional" one. LOVE IT!

Holly said...

Kelly, I tried to email some pictures to you of the field trip today-Kade was sure a cute little postmaster! You can copy them off my blog or, if you want the unedited originals, I can email them to you, it kept coming back as undeliverable.

Tamra said...

I think Mary and Joseph from different sets are ok...the beheaded wise men, not so sure. Are you still on for Thursday? Let us know! Love ya.