December 3, 2009

What A Day

A horrible, no good, very bad rotten day!

I was doing Olivia's hair so she could make it to the bus on time when she said, "I'd hate to be you today mom!" What kind of comment was that? She smiled and pointed to my floor that was covered with a half gallon of paint. Makayla was "cleaning" it up with all my wash cloths.

Ya, I didn't want to be me either!

I cleaned the best I could and decided I needed a break for breakfast. That is when I really decided I did not want to be me!

The night before my sisters came over and we separated 12 decks of cards and organized them into their correct order. I even added rubber bands and they were tight. Apparently not tight enough, Dallin had scattered them all out on my table with his messy oatmeal covered hands. Sticky Oatmeal + cards = An insane (hormonal I might add) Mom. I just screamed, which didn't really help I just got light headed and wanted to pass out.

I know that when you choose to have a large family that is as young and rambunctious as mine things happen. This was my choice. . . My choice. . . My choice. . . Anyway, I didn't want to be one of those Mom's you hear about on the news, so I called in some help. My friend happens to have a wet shop vac and well, let's just say I still have five beautiful children, an extra clean spot on my carpet, and some slightly sticky cards. Thank you Angie!!!

Just a fun note: later that night the kids were playing hide-and-go-seek. Makayla was hiding in the dryer and evidently couldn't hold it. . .So the only load of laundry that got done that day was undone, just like that!

I bet you didn't want to be me today either!
I didn't even mention that I had to take these hooligans to the nursing home only to hear the residents ask why I would have another baby when I have three babies already. You gotta love their honesty. . .don't ya?

7 comments:

Campbell Family said...

You did have quite the day! Let your kids come over and play anytime....so you can have a break from these crazy days!

Lindsey said...

Wow....that was a bad day. Hopefully your day is going better today.

Unknown said...

Wow! Nope.. would gladly take your problems and help to lighten them anytime! As for the voices or something.. i go for the "or something". Will be fun.. I think.. well me getting up there infront of everyone...hmmm.will make it fun anyway! with you there it will be easy to do that!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly I love you! I couldn't ask for a better woman for Mike. You have such a beautiful family! Sorry about the horrible day!

Anonymous said...

Horrible days. I hear ya! Thank goodness for the nights in between right?

Holly said...

Oh, but they're only babies for so long! Hang in there!

maddie said...

It's a good thing you can blog all of this it really make for fun memories later on in life. Like about 50 years from now:) As your mother however it just makes me smile and sometimes I even have alittle sympathy for you! Sometimes! 50 years is not up for me either! I'm waiting