I circled the parking lot twice, even breaking the laws of the land to do so. I had to make a left turn in a right turn only lane. (I know, I'm a rebel!) My first grader could see the stress on my face. I forgot to mention a Suburban can only be parked in a "Real" parking space, it's not one of those "Compact" cars really. My battery died the day before and I was paranoid my car wouldn't start Again. A little more stress to add to the Chaos Thursday Morning Thing.
Anyway bla bla bla and you get the point. Baby is crying, no one is buckled (again), and I'm losing my sanity. Then Halle says, "Mom I can just get out here and I'll go in by myself. It's no big deal, I met my teacher last year and I remember where to go."
What kind of Mom says "Really? Okay, Love ya." ME. Yep, I let my six year old out in that mess and said fend for yourself. See you later. What was I thinking? I've been fretting ALL DAY LONG. I have been more stressed ALL DAY then I was in the Chaos at school.
Yet, somehow she made it. She came Home to me in one piece and even with a smile. No permanent scars or damage that I can see. She even enjoyed herself and said it was no big deal.
| Olivia's fist day of Fifth grade. |
Olivia also had a great day, I still can't believe she is old enough to be in Fifth grade, I remember my first day in Fifth grade very well. My Mom was there, she walked me to class. . .What kind of mother am I????

8 comments:
Holy crap! 5th grade...1st grade...what in the heck happened to your kids. Did they grow up or something!?! Leave it to Halle to tell you she will be fine. That is one brave little girl!!!
A perfectly normal, fun loving, unselfish, fun kinda crazy, best MOM in the world to your children! Sounds like a lot going on! How can I help? Keep that awesome smile and know you are loved!
The best kind of mom, thats what you are. You obviously instilled in your cute 6 year old confidence. Awesome you are. ;)
And seriously fifth grade? Its too old.
Your Totally Awesome! hahaha YOu are not the only one that I have heard say yesterday was insane so I think you did the best thing and let Halle go do her thing! Hhahaha
I know you don't want to hear this, but HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That was so funny. Only because I can totally see Halle doing that and being fine. I wouldn't worry about your parenting skills, you are great!! :)
I sent Annalise to her first day of kindergarten on the bus. She threw up on the bus because she was so nervous. Did I know about this? Not until I picked her up at noon!
I KNOW! The school was CRAZY-I was not impressed at how things were going. I'd gotten a letter in the mail about the open house being Tuesday night, so we went & no one was there, just a sign on the door saying it would be Thursday but that was confusing because I knew that was during school hours. So I showed up for the open house Thursday and had been told to come back at 10:30 for Ethan's orientation but ended up being "oriented" during the open house & we didn't have to come back. So Ethan's first day of school was 1 hour and he was sad that it wasn't longer. I was just hoping that the chaos and confusion wasn't a sign of what's to come!
If it makes you feel any better, I sent Rem to the first aid station at a large waterpark yesterday with his "my fingernail is falling off" mess to deal with because emri was sound asleep on the grass and I didn't want to wake her. I stayed with sleeping baby, and Rem returned within 15 minutes all bandaged up. Halle will be just fine...the teacher will probably wonder who the horrible mother is that didn't come in with her little first grader, but she'll be out of your life next year.
Post a Comment