October 1, 2010

In the World

I went to the dollar store today and Kade wanted to spend a quarter at the vending machine.  I grabbed my receipt and Dallin and headed over to watch him waste his quarter.  (Who am I to judge? I'm at a Dollar store after all!)  I realized I didn't have my sack of stuff I just bought.  I looked around and couldn't find it anywhere.  I asked the girl at the check-out, she said, "I bet that man took it by accident."  I ran out the door to stop him, but I was too late.  He was gone.
I wanted the stuff I bought so I went back in to re-buy the same stuff.  Three ladies were there and watched this happen, they asked how much money I had spent.  I looked at my receipt, it was only six dollars.  They each took two dollars out of their purse to give to me so I could re-buy my stuff.  I was touched, and so thankful.  There are times when I look around this world and wonder if there is anything good left in it.  Today I know there is!  Thank you Ladies, it may have been a small thing for you, but for me- it was huge.

3 comments:

Krista Hegstrom said...

I'm glad there are still nice people out there too! That's awesome!

Amber said...

That is so sweet and touching! What sweet blessing that is! Thanks for taking the time to share that with us.

Kasey said...

I love those moments in life where the good comes out in people!