Since this is basically my journal, I wanted to remember this lesson.
Yesterday I was in charge of sharing time in primary. I was trying to get some idea's on line but they were all about repentance and I was teaching about the atonement. I know repentance is a part of that, but it was not the part I wanted to focus on. I wanted to show how the atonement works. Here's what we did:
 |
| We started with a clean plate. |
 |
| I told a story about stealing a cookie then we wrote with permanent marker on it. |
 |
| I had them try to clean it off them selves, it didn't really worked it just smeared. Then I took a magic eraser, representing the atonement, and cleaned it all off. |
 |
| We ended with the same clean plate. |
The atonement is an amazing thing. We had four examples, Stealing, Lying, Death/sickness, and an over extended Bishop. The atonement can help with all of these things. I'm sure I'll use this example again, it worked great and kept their attention. I am thankful we have the atonement and I need to use it more in my life.
2 comments:
What a beautiful analogy! I may have to use that in a FHE lesson:) Thanks for sharing your journal with us! BTW, how have you been?
I did sharing time yesterday too. I used the lesson in the book though and did the food coloring in water and then "cleaned" it out with bleach. It went pretty well too. I like your idea though. Maybe next time I need an idea, I'll remember to call you! :) Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Post a Comment