July 11, 2011

Real Life

So, Mike and I 
have been married for 
over nine years
 and one day in the mail
 we received what I would call our 
"It's time to start a Real Life slip."  
 What is that exactly is this?  
Let me show you.

That is a Degree.  Yeah!
Then we decided to find a job.
The first two interviews went well and he was offered both jobs.
They weren't right for us.
On a whim we went to an interview by Nashville, Tennessee:
We had my sister-in-law Stephanie watch 5 of my kids plus her 6 and her husband went to scout camp.  No big deal, well except her Suburban wasn't working and she had 11 kids!  They all had a marvelous time and even got to go to a summer camp.  Thank you again Stephanie.

We on the other hand had Blake, he doesn't like to fly!  
Riding on a suitcase was fun.  
Watching people stare at you in the terminal as your baby is screaming his head off was fun.  
Tight airplane spaces were fun.  
In all honesty we went to The Grand Ole Opry and that was FUN!

We got to see some amazing singers.

Now for the real life thing:
We got a job and moved to Eastern Tennessee.
In our branch I got a calling as Young Women's president and Mike will be Elders Quorum president.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about "Real Life"  It feels the same.  I was hoping for some permanent feeling but, we'll probably still get more schooling and may or may not buy a house and we just may move again. 

1 comment:

Lena said...

Ahh. Real life. I imagine that to be like my "real family". Every time we have another kid I think, "We are finally a real family." And then I realize shortly thereafter that we are not yet "real".

Or perhaps not at all the same.

And, don't you love the callings you get once your in a "real ward"? YOu will be an amazing yw president...that calling was for sure inspiration and not desperation...seriously.