It has been a crazy month for us:
Mike found out at 1:30 p.m. Thursday we were moving to Tennessee. July 28th.
School started on Monday. August 1st.
We started packing and the next thing you know word got out we were moving. I had so much help. It was humbling. Words cannot describe how thankful I was. . .still am. I know some amazing people in Emmett.
2:30 p.m. Friday, July 29th we were all packed and ready to go. That means everything in the U-haul in a box! ------25 Hours later, we left with a trailer to pull Mike's truck and the Suburban full of kids. My parents helped us drive across the country. Everything was great, except that the Mississippi decided to wash all the bridges out. Minor detail really, unless you are stuck on the wrong side of the river. We took a scenic route out of a need to find a bridge and saw some beautiful country. (I can say that now, I'm not in the car!)
We were welcomed to Tennessee with open arms to strangers who are now our church family, school family and community family.
P.S. I will post pictures and "catch-up" on my blog soon.
The Office Birthday Party
6 years ago

8 comments:
I wondered where you were? Tennessee, well now I wonder if you are a little closer to us? I'll be looking for the updates!! Glad you are settling and feeling welcome at your new ward, and home.
what in the world?? I'll need an update on this situation, pronto!
Well bless all y'alls hearts! (said with a southern drawl.) Ya'll must have been as busy as a stump tailed cow in fly time! (Also said with deep-south accent.) What part of Tennessee did you move to? I was born there and would go back to visit during the summers after my family moved away. Ya'll might have a bit of a culture shock for a bit, but I know ya'll fit right in in no time! Good luck!!
wahoo!! that's so exciting!!! we've been meaning to make a trip out there to visit my brother in memphis and sister in knoxville. maybe we'll stop by and say hi sometime! i hope you are loving it there!
Holy cow! They waited long enough to decide they needed you. You two are always up for an adventure. I guess you've got one now. How is the church in your area? Schools? House? I need more info as soon as you are unpacked and the kids are off to school. I'm glad Mike got the job!
You are my hero. Really. I already told you, but I had so much anxiety just THINKING about that move for you. And yes, lets get some pics up. Kev & I just got back from Memphis...another reason you're my hero. If you can survive in that humidity without melting, you are quite the woman!!!
Okay, you are taking a page from your Mom and Dad's book. They were here for 15 years and then Poof, they were gone in a week. Hope you love Tennessee. I used to fly into Huntsville and it was so beautiful in the springtime with Magnolias blooming everywhere.
Wow. I guess I should have been reading blogs more this summer. I am jealous of your move and adventure! How exciting. Please post more about how you're doing. Sad we didn't get to say goodbye.
*And can you email me directions to Jump Creek? Definitely looks like a place I need to take my kids.
Post a Comment