January 2, 2012

Tennessee Snow Ball Fight

We feed the missionaries every Sunday.  Elder Ward said he had a "game" we could play.
So, after dinner he made us sing Once There Was A Snowman.
In the song the sun comes out and you melt
SMALL,
Small,
small.

Once my children were laying on the ground
 he starts pelting them with "snow balls"
and it was an all-out snowball fight war!

 But then the yellow "snowballs" came flying,
and for some reason
you just wanted to
avoid those!
AT
Least
DID!
I think this is a self inflicted YELLOW-WASH!
 Thanks, Elder Ward for the warmest Snowball Fight ever!  
*Mother Bonus: No one got hurt, white washing was pleasant,
and there was a limited quantity of only 30 snowballs (easy clean-up)!
 We may have to do this again!

8 comments:

Gina Hallam said...

How fun!!!!! I think this is a must for every family survival kit at home ;)

Croslands said...

Brilliant idea. Next time I'm at the dollar store I might pick up a few. We hope you had a great Christmas. We've talked about you guys and the kids are already asking when you're coming again.

Peggy Carlquist said...

Happy New Year Kelly and family. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Pandemonium reigns! I love kids madly opening their gifts!

Leslie said...

Great idea!!

Anonymous said...

Three things about this make me sad. #1 we have as much snow as you right now. :( #2 That we weren't there to have the fight with you. And #3 that you get to feed the missionaries every week!!! We're lucky if we get to see them twice a year, and thats just "SEE" them, not even get close enough to shake their hands!!!!

Walker Family said...

Love it! What a fun elder and what a great fam!

The Casa Hunt said...

Fun, safe AND warm, perfect!

Nancy said...

So fun!! You can also use paper wadded up and/or marshmellows (however, they get sticky after a few throws---or so I heard).